Thursday, October 20, 2011

[What I Did] Family Days

I know I'm not perfect. Far from it, in fact. I'm quick to anger and I have a tendency to snap when someone says something that I perceive to be snotty. I get frustrated very easily, especially when things don't happen just the way I want them to. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity (driving with me is nearly impossible).

But I'm trying.

I'm learning how to watch my tone. I'm learning to think before I say something that someone might call "catty" or "childish." I'm not always good at this. But I'm learning.

I need to, because I have to be a good example and strong leader for my family. I have to keep it together (my mind and temper, that is), not only for me, but for my guys. I don't want something avoidable to wear me down and break my spirit. That is not something that Bear needs to see in his Mommy, nor Husband in his wife.
Something that is helping me do all of this is spending days out of the house with my perfect little family. Walking down to the park, wandering around San Diego, going to the fair with friends...All of this is helping me be a better person.

I make it a point to try and get out of the house at least once a day, even if it's just going to the MCX and looking at all the stuff I've seen a zillion times. I always try to leave for my doctor's appointments an hour early so we have time to walk around Balboa Park for a bit. I try so hard to avoid going back to our little apartment, and the distractions that dwell there.
I need to start bringing my camera to more things. I missed out on some pretty amazing Sea World pictures yesterday. I hate not being able to capture everything, even if it's only on my cell phone. Being able to hold on to these memories is something I cherish.
My family is the thing I love most in this world. Husband and Bear are my anchors. They are my inspiration. I want to prove to them that I can be better than I am, regardless of the situation. Everything I do is for them.
My guys have saved me in more ways than I can count. I strive to be a good, caring mother and wife in all things I do. If I fail something, seeing how much they care makes me want to try again.

I love them. Plain and simple.

Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment