Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Granny Square A Day [While Husband's Away]-Days 1 + 2

Another project for the [While Husband's Away] stack.

Granny squares. :]

I've been thinking of doing an afghan for the living room, and this is the perfect opportunity. I'm also working on a deployment pillow for Husband to take to Afghanistan.

Day 1:
Day 1. Will block, weave and join at a later date.
Simple and easy granny square pattern. I'm also using that same pattern for the pillow.
Day 2. Needs to be blocked and weaved. 11"x11" desert cammie yarn. 9 squares joined.
I used a size G/4.00 mm hook for both of these.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the back of the pillow. I might use authentic desert cammies for it. Or brown minky dots. Something comfy for Husband. :]

I think this is such a fun idea. Crochet is such a therapeutic activity.

Day 1 + 2 block pattern: Things To Make And Do
Pillow square joining pattern: Carina's Craft Blog

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment