Monday, January 17, 2011

Frustrations, Ideas and Creativity

Matheson is teething. He can’t sleep. His gums hurt. He is grumpy. He had a fever this morning (that went away pretty quickly after he woke up, thank goodness). He doesn’t like the teething toys we got for him, and instead insists on shoving both hands in his mouth. Which in turn gags the poor thing.

I can’t wait till his teeth finally cut through. Maybe we will be a little happier. Sigh.

179644_1776001877217_1154444287_32051909_2326797_n

So I have a bunch of ideas bouncing around in my head. Since I have three months to get everything packed up and ready to move to who-knows-where, and I have no sewing machine of my own, I need to get moving.

I’m going to try my hand at sewing pillows. Or pillow covers. They seem pretty simple, but I’m such a novice that I will probably end up sewing through my thumb and come out with a tea cozy rather than a pillow. But! I know I have to try, or else I won’t know for sure.

I have two canvases, sized 16x24 inches, stashed in my hall that I have finally decided what I’m going to do with. It involves stenciling. I am going to make them in our bedroom colors (currently dark red, black and white), and they will hang above our headboard. Pictures will be up soon…ish….

I also have a yard each of Marine digi Marpat fabric coming. I’m going to use that fabric to start making things for Matheson, and to stock my sadly lacking Etsy shop.

Oh my goodness…I officially love Skype. I’m a bit behind on the times, and I just downloaded it to my computer a few days ago. I have never really ever had a need for it, but since Taylor is officially too far away for me to drive to visit (exactly 2,379 miles), we Skype. I love that I can see him, even though he is on the complete opposite end of the country. It’s so much better to talk to him after 4 months of little contact, almost all of it through letters.

Well, I’m off. I need to sleep.

Ciao for now!!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy! Have you tried teething tablets &/or baby oragel?

    ReplyDelete