Monday, January 23, 2012

Dear Deployment: Day 1, Week 1

First off, deployments, you suck.

I only saw him off this morning, and I'm ready for him to be home.

It was really hard...It took all I had not to start bawling in front of everyone.
I hope he is able to sleep on the bus/planes over there... We didn't get much sleep last night, because he had to be on base at 3:45 in the morning. Yuck.

He left me his wedding ring...Didn't want anything happening to it, and just in case "something happens," he said. Jerk.

Poor Bear...He knew something was up.
It's not very often he gets woken up in the middle of the night to see Daddy in uniform.

It was really cold, so we spent the last two hours in the truck. We just talked to Bear and spent time together.
I don't know when I'm going to hear from him...I hate that. I've got my phone ringer on the loudest possible setting, just in case he can call from the USO at the airports...I'm refreshing my email every half hour or so, and Facebook and Skype are always open. Just in case.

Watching him get on the bus was so hard. I didn't want to let him go. But I had to. I had no choice.
But...I think watching the bus pull away was even harder.

I hated seeing him go.
And so, deployment...You can go and do several unmentionable, inappropriate things to yourself.

Just bring him home safely, and in one piece.
Note: All graphics are courtesy of Pretty Little Graphics.

2 comments: