Thursday, November 17, 2011

[What I (Will) Do] Deconstructing Baby Bedding

You know the drill. You get pregnant, you get excited, you spend a zillion dollars on bedding and accessories and wall decor.

And then your baby turns 15 months, and you decide you hate his room.

Yup. That's where I am right now. Don't get me wrong. I actually love the room, I just want the theme toned down a bit.
Both photos are from Bear's half of the room in SC.
What I want to do is play up the colors used, especially the greens and browns, and play down the actual animals. He has the wall decals up in his room here in California, and his matching lamp is on full display. But everything else...It just screams at me. I want it more mellow.

What I want to do is make him some solid color minky sheets for his bed, as mentioned here. But I also want to rip apart his little quilt. He doesn't use it anyway, so I don't feel bad for wanting to do it. :]
It makes a picture out of all of its sections. I want to turn those into separate little pillows for Bear to play with. Like a puzzle. I'm just not sure how to go about doing that.

If anyone has any ideas, shout them out! I welcome any and all help.

No comments:

Post a Comment