Friday, July 22, 2011

[What I Did] Distracted

I woke up this morning with a plan. A list of things I was going to do today, because they need to be done.
  1. Drop off my job application. 
  2. Grab some Starbucks with that extra shot of espresso to avoid my mid-day sluggishness.
  3. Go on base and check out the gym.
  4. Clean out the fridge.
  5. Do the dishes.
  6. Tackle my mountains of laundry (both clean and dirty).
  7. Sweep and mop.
  8. Clean my room.
  9. Work on that necklace, that painting, that chalkboard, that pillow, those granny squares...
Wanna know how much I got done?
  1. Drop off my job application. 
  2. Grab some Starbucks with that extra shot of espresso to avoid my mid-day sluggishness.
 Yup. I fail hardcore. But, I have a very good excuse:
"What game should I play, Darlin?"
Yeah. This handsome Devil Dog got to come home for 3 whole hours to shower and do some laundry. Definitely the best three hours I've had in almost a month. The few days he had here (July 1-July 9) were riddled with stress and irritation (both on my part). But today...Today was just what I needed.

The stomachache I've had for three days went away as soon as I saw him. I got to be held. We kissed. Everything I've needed, I got it. Just having him near me relaxes me, and trust me, I've needed to relax these last few weeks...
My guys. <3
I even snapped a few pictures. Which makes me happy. I love pictures of my guys.

I think this was a legitimate excuse for not doing my list, don't you?
Needs sleep.
Even though he did get his smallpox in my hair. :/

I took him back, came home...then turned around and went back on base to find him. He forgot his laundry. Silly Husband. So after a "Duh" and a smile and about a zillion air kisses, we sadly parted ways for another two weeks.
Marine Bear playing with his ducky squeaker.
Husband left one of his boonie covers here for Bear to love on and play with while he's in the field. Bear does enjoy playing with his Daddy's hats. :]

Sigh...Here's to completing my list tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. yay! to seeing your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 801 housing 29? I just moved out of 801 the two bedrooms are small lol

    ReplyDelete