Okay. So, I’m totally a sappy romantic.
My husband and I have two songs.
“Come What May” from the movie Moulin Rouge! and “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica.
Yeah, I know. Very diverse.
Anywho. I wanted to incorporate everything about my husband and I into our future master bedroom, and I finally figured out how to with one of our songs.
And, I will even share a tutorial of how I did it.
Just because I’m nice like that. :]
1. Gather your supplies:
- Paper Mod Podge and brush/sponge
- Flameless candles (I used two because I had two sheets of music; one sheet of music per candle)
- Sheet music printed on transparent paper (I used contact paper)
2. Cut your sheet music into uneven strips, separated by page.
3. Start Mod Podge-ing your strips onto your candle in rather uneven places. Let them overlap a bit. Don’t worry about covering everything up right now.
3 1/4. Make sure not to have your finger over the flash when you take pictures. It makes them look creepy.
3 1/2. Also make sure not to spill your Mod Podge while dancing around to songs from Glee.
4. Once you cover the candle in strips, there most likely will be spots of wax still peeking through.
(Not Pictured) Cut up any left over strips into smaller pieces and cover up those “holes”.
5. Let them dry, then put those beauties on display.
6. Turn on the switch and adore your handiwork.
If any of you decide to make some of these, please send me the link! I would love to see!
Ciao for now!