Saturday, December 18, 2010

'Tis The Season...

I absolutely love love LOVE this time of the year, and these are some of the reasons why:

1. Snow!!! I love the snow so much. Living in South Carolina means I don't get the snow I was used to in Utah, but last year, it snowed a whole 2 inches here in the Palmetto State. And, yes, I live in that house. :]

2. Christmas trees. They are just so beautiful with all the lights and the ornaments and the vintage-inspired wrapped presents under them... I love it. That tree is the "Grandchildren" tree, where all of Little Bear's presents are. :]

3. Stockings. I love how they look hung up on the mantle of the fireplace, and all the different awesome ones out there *cough*HelloKittyStocking*cough*. This is last year's mantle...
...and this is this year's mantle. Notice the new addition to the lineup? That's Little Bear's moose stocking.
 4. Christmas cards. I love getting these in the mail. They are so cool. :]
5. Decorations. There are so many different themes and schemes to decorate with during winter. My personal favorite is snowmen. But I also like...
...anything with jingly bells (the candles) or anything fun and whimsical (the Merry Christmas board). I made that board myself, so I think it's especially cool. :]
6. Christmas lights. As long as they are not too overpowering and are done tastefully. I'm really picky about them. I bet next year I will be up on a ladder hanging the lights, just because I am so anal about everything. Ha.
7. Nativity sets. They are just so beautiful to me. I especially love this one, and you can bet this will be in my house next year. :]

Ciao!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Hey. I know who that kitty card on the end came from. LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one who displays my cards for all to see.
    That house rocks, I mean seeing it from the outside it does. I've never been in it, but I bet it's way cool.
    My daughter would be all over that hello kitty stocking like... I don't know what she loves the Hello Kitty, and Tinkerbell and Stormtroopers.
    So you have the nativity set then or you just want it? I think the willow tree figurines are the greatest and I seriously want some of them, the nativity is awesome. Ben is completely agianst them and already told me I bring it into the house and he's chucking or breaking it 'cuase he finds them creepy. Big bummer for me. My nativity is a snowglobe.

    ReplyDelete